The Fourth Vishnupathi of the Vikrama Year - Feb/12 and Feb/13/2ØØ1
The fourth Vishnupathi auspicious time period of the Vikrama year occurs on late night Feb/12 and continues into the morning of Feb/13/2ØØ1. The nine hour period from 0130 hours to 1030 hours IST on Feb/13 is of great spiritual importance. As we have pointed out elsewhere in AUMzine (articles 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6), spiritual aspirants can make great spiritual progress by following specific worship procedures revealed by the Siddhas for this particular time period. The Sathguru, Guru Mangala Gandharva Venkataraman, has been revealing these Siddha procedures for many years now.
The Vishnupathi time period occurs once in three months. Thus there are four Vishnupathi time periods in each varusham (year). Since each varusham repeats once in 60 years, each of these Vishnupathi periods occurs once only in 60 years. In other words, if you miss celebrating the fourth Vishnupathi of the Vikrama varusham (year), you'll have to wait 60 years for the next one! Hence seize the moment and celebrate each Vishnupathi in accordance with Siddha procedures.
The Vishnupathi auspicious time period marks that time in a different era during which Lord Narayana performed miracles for the sake of His devotees. In this article, we'll describe the Siddha worship procedures for Feb/12 and Feb/13/2ØØ1. It's important that devotees not only follow these Siddha practices, but also convey this information to others so that many may follow these procedures.
Don't take the Lord for granted - Do pooja all the time
Mother Lakshmi Herself demonstrates the importance of engaging in constant pooja. Even She doesn't take the Lord for granted. Though She is permanently situated in the heart of Lord Narayana, She doesn't take that exalted position for granted. This is a lesson for all of us. None of us can ever take the Lord for granted. We must spend every minute of every day with loving gratitude for the Lord's love, grace and protection.
As Lord Narayana is constantly engaged in His divine leelas for the sake of His devotees, sometimes Mother Lakshmi could not be in physical proximity to the Lord. This concerned Her a great deal. She wanted to be in physical proximity to the Lord all the time. She wanted to be situated in His heart eternally.
The Lord received the Mother's thoughts and said: "Lakshmi, That vision of Mine reclining in the Milky Way Ocean - that of Ksheera Saagara Sayana Narayana - Seek a place on earth where the same vision is available. In that place, You'll gain the avatara sakthi with which You can be permanently situated in My heart."
On hearing the Lord's words, Mother Lakshmi was overjoyed. She came down to our world, met with Maha Guru Sri Agasthiar and Sri Markandeya Maharishi, who suggested that She perform penance and pooja at Thrailokki.
The Lord of Honor
The Mother heeded the advice of Sri Agasthiar and Sri Markandeya and performed severe penance at Thrailokki. The Lord, pleased with Her faith and sincerity, granted Her a permanent place in His heart. This divine leela is one of many which happened during the fourth Vishnupathi of the Vikrama year in a different era.
The Lord of honor for the fourth Vishnupathi of the Vikrama year is Lord Ksheera Saagara Sayana Narayana of Thrailokki.
Siddha Worship Procedures
On this Vishnupathi day, decorate the Lord's form with fragrant flowers. Fill the sanctum with thick clouds of fragrant saambrani dhoopam vapors. Perform homam fire ceremonies in honor of the Lord and tharpanam offerings on the banks of the Lakshmi theertham temple pond. Offer sakkarai pongal sweet rice, milk based foods and sweets, puliyodharai tamarind rice to the Lord and distribute the same to the poor and needy.
The Siddhas say: "Celebrate Vishnupathi at Thrailokki. Meditate on the shrine's glory. Think about the millions of great souls who're worshipping Ksheera Saagara Narayana there in sookshma form. Go there and worship Him! Visit the Lakshmi theertham temple pond, understand its significance, immerse yourself in its holy waters and get rid of all your money problems. Perform tharpanam on its banks and thereby get the blessings of your pithrus; they will make your progeny prosper. With the blessings of Lord Ksheera Saagara Narayana and Mother Lakshmi, lead a life of peace, contentment and understanding with your spouse - a life immersed in bakthi - and finally reach the lotus feet of the Lord by His grace." Great advice indeed! Let's make sure that we follow their words. Those who do so will get the following divine blessings:
1. Feel stuck in your job? Can't seem to make any progress up the career ladder? Feel like your business is floundering? If so, observe Vishnupathi worship on Feb/12 and Feb/13/2ØØ1 at Thrailokki and also observe subsequent Vishnupathis according to Siddha methods. The Lord will propel you forward.
2. Since millions of Pithru beings are engaged in worship here, those who haven't performed tharpana pooja should perform tharpanam on the banks of the Lakshmi theertham temple pond and continue doing so for an extended period of time. This will reduce the effects of the disappointment felt by the pithrus and bestow prosperity on your children.
3. There are those who make a lot of money but lose it fast too. Wouldn't it be nice if you can make money and keep it? If you want permanence in anything, be it wealth, material posessions, title, spiritual accomplishments, perform Vishnupathi pooja on Feb/12 and Feb/13/2ØØ1 at Thrailokki and also observe subsequent Vishnupathis according to Siddha methods. Just like Mother Lakshmi got the permanent position that She wanted, you will too, say the Siddhas.
4. If you have lost your wealth, inheritance or business, the Lord will give you opportunities to regain the same by dharmic means, if you perform Vishnupathi pooja on Feb/12 and Feb/13/2ØØ1 at Thrailokki and also observe subsequent Vishnupathis according to Siddha methods.
5. Sound sleep is a blessing. Who knows this best? Those who can't sleep soundly! Sound sleep is important for good health. Some can't sleep because they have a million mental preoccupations. Some can't sleep because they're woken up by bad dreams and nightmares. Visit the Thrailokki shrine often and circle the shrine using the adi pradakshinam technique. The Lord will make sure that you can sleep soundly and you can reap the benefits of the consequent good health.
6. Feeding a newborn infant with mother's milk is a God given duty for a mother. But these days, some are shirking this responsibility for various reasons. This is a great sin, say the Siddhas. To recompense for this sin, on this Vishnupathi and subsequent Vishnupathis and on Mondays, buy milk and offer it to poor kids. This will ensure prosperity for your children. Also give the gift of good food (fruits, grains, milk, etc.) to poor mothers with infants so that they can ensure the good health of their infants with mother's milk. Do this regularly.
7. This Vishnuapthi also paves the way for harmony in husband-wife relationships. Both husband and wife must visit Thrailokki and perform Vishnupathi worship there. If they are estranged, they may visit the shrine separately, but most must visit the shrine and do pooja there. If they do this, the Lord will arrange for harmony in their lives.
8. Wives who want their husbands to lead long lives (maangalyathvam) should perform this and subsequent Vishnupathi poojas according to Siddha methods.
9. Bad mouthing the Sathguru is a sin which even the Lord doesn't want to resolve. He wants the offender to beg forgiveness of the Sathguru directly. Those who have bad mouthed the Sathguru or the Lord should start the process of reformation during this particular Vishnupathi at the lotus feet of Lord Ksheera Saagara Narayana at Thrailokki.
10. Bringing good children into this world is an important responsibility for all of us. The Siddhas do not support family planning through contraception. Those who indulge in these practices should start the process of seeking forgiveness on this particular Vishnupathi. They will be granted forgiveness only if their Pithrus are appeased. This may take some time. They should make it a point to perform tharpanam on the banks of the Thrailokki Lakshmi theertham temple pond.
Please refer to the February 2ØØ1 issue of Sri Agsathia Vijayam, the Ashram monthly magazine for further details on this particular Vishnupathi punya kaalam worship.
What you find above are some of the Siddha revelations on the worship procedures for the fourth Vishnupathi of the Vikrama year as conveyed to us by the Sathguru, Guru Mangala Gandharva Venkataraman. These are simple yet powerful karma neutralization procedures. Those who follow the advice of the Siddhas will certainly reap the benefits, both material and spiritual. Let's follow their advice, neutralize our karma and have ourselves uplifted towards the Divine!